Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Sorting a list
- Type and then highlight the list.
- Click the Insert tab and click Convert Text to Table.
- When the Convert Text to Table dialog box appears, click OK.
- In the Table Tools tab, click Layout.
- In the Data group, click Sort.
- In the Sort dialog box, click OK. This alphabetizes the list.
- In the Data group, click Convert to Text and click OK.
There you have it--your alphabetized list. Much better than having your coworkers look at you strangely while you sing the ABCs in your office, right? :)
Sunday, March 01, 2009
3-Minute Quick Guide to Creating a Glossary in Word 2007
Verissimo in Portugal wrote recently to ask how to create a glossary for a long Word project, and I put together this quick guide (3-Minute Quick Guide for Creating a Glossary in Word 2007), thinking it might be helpful for others as well. A well-developed (and consistent) glossary is one of the marks of a well-produced project, and having a glossary you can update easily and automatically (with just a little format editing at the end) can make your good document really stand out.
Download the PDF: Right-click here and choose Save Target As to download the PDF to your computer.
If you have a question or process you'd like to see covered in a 3-Minute Quick Guide, I'll do my best. Drop me a note.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]