Wednesday, December 15, 2004
category : office XP and office 2003 : Word tables
June from New York sent me an email the other day because she was having trouble with an oversized table. She'd tried to reformat the table using AutoFormat and by manually dragging the column borders, but the table was still printing off the page. If this happens to you, you can use this quick trick to resize the column that's giving you fits:
1. Click above the problem column so that the whole column is selected.
2. Right-click in the selected column and choose Table Properties.
3. Click the Column tab if it's not already selected.
4. In the Preferred width: field, enter a new (smaller) measurement.
5. Click Previous column and change that width if you like.
6. Click OK to save the settings and return to the document.
7. Choose File > Print Preview to look at the table to see whether it will print on the page.
8. Change the Preferred width again if necessary (following steps 1-4) until you get the widths you need for the columns.
9. Remember to save your document as soon as you get it right. :)
Now the whole table should print the way you want it, all on one page. Thanks for sending this in, June! Happy printing. :)
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]