Tuesday, July 01, 2003

 

It's the Little Things That Count


Setting your default printer is a simple thing with Office XP. You just display the Control Panel, double-click the Printers and Faxes icon, right-click the printer you want to use as the default, and choose Set as Default Printer. End of story. Piece of cake. But if it's so simple, why have I repeated the same tedious process for the last 18 months of deselecting the Fax setting and choosing my HP PCS 750 before I print? I'm not sure whether it's laziness or just force of habit. Either way, it's a waste of time.

But today, working in Office 2003, I went to print a document and once again, the default printer popped up. But this time, instead of just searching for and clicking the one I wanted, something told me to right-click the icon in the Printer dialog box. Sure enough, the context menu opened up and I chose Set as Default Printer, right there in the Print dialog box. One more detail, gone from my work life. Nice!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]