Friday, October 25, 2002

 

Creative Webbing

I love using Word to do simple newsletters. I created a simple template that I use for each issue (and the distribution list is saved right in the document header--way cool!). I then email the list and also save it as HTML and make it available on the web. The whole thing, from inspiration to distribution, takes me less than two hours to produce. Gotta love it!

As great as Word is for creating quick documents that port easily from email to print to web, however, it lacks one thing as a web page generator: The ability to add HTML. I wanted a simple way to add META tags so search engines might be a little more likely to pick up my stories. This morning I found a few extra minutes to try something out, and this worked great. Using Word and FrontPage together, I added the META tags while I was live, online. Here's how it's done:

If you want to see whether your changes stuck, press F5 to refresh the page and then choose View > Source to view the HTML in Notepad. Scroll through the code to find your entries. Convinced? Cool, isn't it? Best of both web worlds, fast, simple, and smart. Good way to start the weekend! Happy Friday, everyone! :) k

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]