Friday, September 13, 2002

 

Charts 4 Everything!

If you're like me, your eyes glaze over when you look at a column of numbers. I don't want dry facts, I want color! Splash! Bars and pie slices! Give me an excuse to make a chart for anything (Want to see a comparison of weights and sizes of all the boys on my son Cameron's fourth-grade football team? Give me a minute...) and I'll be glad to leave my paying gig and dash one off for you. (Oops, I'm showing my flaws again. Gotta love blogging.)

Did you know you can easily email an Excel chart you've been working on to your coworkers for a quick peer review? Just create your chart and, with it still selected, open the Chart menu and choose Location. Click As a New Sheet and then click OK. That puts the chart on a new sheet all its own. Next, open the File menu and select Send To; then choose Mail Recipient from the submenu that appears. Select the Send the Current Sheet as the Message Body option; and click OK. Now all you have to do is choose the To Whom, add a Subject line (and more info if you really want to), and click Send. You might want to email a chart-in-progress to your home email account so when you have a brilliant chart epiphany at 3 A.M., you can check it against (or improve upon) yesterday's brainchild. That's it for me in these wee hours. Cya! :) k

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]